Elsby & Co have an exciting opportunity for a SENIOR CLOUD BOOKKEEPER to join the team in our Rushden office. This is a great opportunity for a commercial professional looking for a progressive full-time role in an ambitious and growing firm.
Elsby & Co is a growing regional firm of Chartered Accountants. We believe that by recruiting great people, we can deliver a superior service to our clients whilst providing an enjoyable work environment. We offer excellent career development opportunities along with a highly competitive remuneration package, including an excellent profit-sharing bonus scheme.
The successful candidate will be able to provide a complete bookkeeping service to clients or supplement tasks they already do themselves, whilst ensuring that client records are accurate and simplified for business advising purposes.
You will have a thorough understanding of accruals, stock, VAT, fixed asset record keeping, depreciation, accounting for loans, HP interest and wages control accounts and be able to resolve queries and issues, as they arise and reconcile balance sheet balances.
What sets this role apart?
As a firm we have embraced Cloud technology and have won awards from XERO for our pro-activity. We would therefore look to develop this role so that the successful candidate would be:
- Advising clients on accounting systems and apps
- System set ups and migrations
- Generally keeping up to date with the latest products and training / developing our teams in their use
- Assisting with the roll out of MTD to clients
- Helping to supervise and train our cloud bookkeeping team
- Some bookkeeping work
- Involvement in our own internal systems, developing them and keeping up to date
- Organised and efficient, used to working to budgets
- Self- motivated and able to set up and work independently on bookkeeping tasks
- IT literate, including use of computerised bookkeeping platforms – ideally Xero & Sage, Quickbooks, FreeAgent
- Strong internal and external communication skills ie confident and professional communications with clients and working with all levels of staff internally to ensure an efficient and quality service
- Friendly and approachable
- Driving Licence and Car Owner
There is an opportunity to develop your career by being at the forefront of an exciting digital service which we expect to expand significantly.
If you think we could be the firm for you and you have got what it takes to join our team, then we would like to hear from you. Please apply using our application form below.