Capital gains tax (CGT) planning is essential if you are planning to make a disposal of a capital asset, such as a share of a business or a company, stocks and shares or a property.

Some of the areas where our tax accountants can help you include:

Calculating the capital gains tax payable on a disposal

Whether you’re selling a property or a share of a company or stocks, then you need to work out your gain. This is needed so that you can find out whether or not you need to pay Capital Gains Tax. Unsure what the gain is? Essentially, it’s the difference between what you paid for the property, and the amount you sold, or disposed of it for. To help you work out if you need to pay CGT, contact our team of tax specialists who can assist and guide you through the process.

Advising on entrepreneurs’ relief

Starting a business is no easy feat, especially on your own as an entrepreneur. Some start-up businesses go on to succeed in selling their business, which is where entrepreneurs’ relief comes in handy. There are a number of reasons why entrepreneurs decide to sell their business, from not being satisfied with their company, or no longer having the time to manage it themselves anymore.

Entrepreneurs’ relief (ER) is available to individuals only; it is not available to companies. There are certain requirements entrepreneurial individuals need to meet in order to be eligible for ER. Elsby & Co have advisors who are readily available to provide advice, get in touch with us and see how we can help.

Other CGT areas we can help with

Our team here at Elsby & Co can also assist you with providing specialist advice on other available tax relief options and exemptions. Along with also providing guidance and assistance on transferring assets and making timely disposals.

What our clients say about us

We focus on giving you the right advice to help your company grow