Elsby & Co is a commercial and dynamic firm of Chartered Accountants with offices in Sywell and Rushden with presence in Milton Keynes and Corby.
We have seen year on year growth and have further exciting expansion plans in place, as a result we need to recruit a Senior Accountant to join our Rushden team.
We believe that by recruiting the best people, we can deliver a superior service to our clients whilst providing a fantastic place to work. We offer excellent career development opportunities along with a highly competitive remuneration package.
As Senior Accountant we would expect the following experience and expertise:
- Responsible for all compliance aspects for clients
- Responsible for managing workflow
- Managing the day to day client relationship
- Handling day to day queries efficiently
- Responsible for training of junior staff, including appraisal of work
- Managing clients on a commercially successful basis
- Responsible for the efficient functioning of compliance work in general
- Developing abilities in more complex areas of tax & other client matters
- Responsibility for the achievement of work within budget, able to discuss fees with clients
- Able to communicate effectively with Partners & juniors as appropriate
- Able to problem solve and find quick solutions to problems
- Managing own / junior staff workflow & client work
- Achievement of chargeability and recoverability targets
- Achieve a level of technical knowledge commensurate with the position
- Demonstrate good commercial skills in negotiating fees with clients and in decision making on jobs
- Working with other seniors as a team to improve the practice generally and to pass on 'the Elsby way' to other staff
- Taking responsibility for the ongoing management of clients, workflow, supervision, training, the compliance function
- Audit for a variety of clients - overseeing the audits and helping junior team members
The atmosphere at Elsby & Co is friendly, fun and hardworking, but we expect results. We ensure we provide the right platform for our staff to achieve results and champion internal promotion, with route to Partnership a very real opportunity.
You will have significant experience within a firm of accountants in a similar role, and be qualified ACA or ACCA, or by experience.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and expertise for this role, please email your CV to Clare Elsby on firstname.lastname@example.org